For our customer in Germany we are looking for CATIA V5 Packaging Vehicle Integration Design Engineers within automotive.
- Long-term contracts 12-48+ months
- Good Rates, Ongoing Needs
- EU Nationals Only
- Cost-efficient apartments are available for successful candidates
- Minimum 5-10 Years of expertise in the relevant field is required
Definition, development, and layout of the applicable vehicle package area From Program start to Final Data Judgement.Generating and issuing of technical input to the design teamEnsuring the vehicle package complies with the appropriate homologation/product requirements.Ensuring that packaging guidelines are implemented and adhered to.Developing and proposing concepts/solutions to design and package issuesMaintenance of applicable layout areas within the packaging data structure.Responsible for highlighting and communicating conflicts between components to vehicle package team leader and component area representative.
- Producing reports to highlight concept/packaging issues and progress.
- Using CATIA V5 to develop suitable hard point package criteria and generation of critical package sections.
- Using CAD tools for detection of component clashes.
- Using CATIA V5 to develop suitable concept and package layout for applicable area of the vehicle.
- Liaising and leading solution resolution with component engineering and suppliers to reach solutions to design problems.
- Prioritizing and managing personal workload to ensure packaging objectives and timing is met.
- Extensive OEM experience, preferably in an OEM vehicle integration/packaging/design studio support position.
- Good working appreciation of ergonomic requirements for occupant positioning.
- Knowledge of the various homologation requirements to support vehicle design.
- Good broad knowledge of all vehicle systems and components with an understanding of vehicle integration and concept development.
- Creative and able to offer ideas and solutions freely.
- Flexible, committed and motivated to work on more than one vehicle area and manage more than one vehicle system at a time.
- Experience of supplier/customer interaction.
- Good organizational and prioritizing skills.
- Proactive , self-motivated ,able to drive issues through to a balanced resolution, possesses an ability to work automatously or part of a teamHas good working knowledge of PC tools e.g.
- Power Point, Word & Excel.
- Good knowledge of CATIA V5, Vis mock up, and team center at OEM level.
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English.
- BEng/MEng in Automotive preferred.
Start Date: June - August 2018
End Date: 12+ months
Location: Cologne, Munich, Stuttgart, Berlin.