For our customer in Sweden we are looking for CATIA V5 Packaging Vehicle Integration Design Engineer within automotive.
- Long-term contracts 12-48+ months
- Good rates, ongoing needs
- Full Relocation to Sweden is required
- EU Nationals Only
- Cost-efficient apartments are available for successful candidates
- Definition, development, and layout of the applicable vehicle package area From Program start to Final Data Judgement.
- Generating and issuing of technical input to the design team.
- Ensuring the vehicle package complies with the appropriate homologation/product requirements.
- Ensuring that packaging guidelines are implemented and adhered to.
- Developing and proposing concepts/solutions to design and package issues.
- Maintenance of applicable layout areas within the packaging data structure.
- Responsible for highlighting and communicating conflicts between components to vehicle package team leader and component area representative.
- Producing reports to highlight concept/packaging issues and progress.
- Using CATIA V5 to develop suitable hard point package criteria and generation of critical package sections.
- Using CAD tools for detection of component clashes.
- Using CATIA V5 to develop suitable concept and package layout for applicable area of the vehicle.
- Liaising and leading solution resolution with component engineering and suppliers to reach solutions to design problems.
- Prioritizing and managing personal workload to ensure packaging objectives and timing is met.
- Extensive OEM experience, preferably in an OEM vehicle integration/packaging/design studio support position.
- Good working appreciation of ergonomic requirements for occupant positioning.
- Knowledge of the various homologation requirements to support vehicle design.
- Good broad knowledge of all vehicle systems and components with an understanding of vehicle integration and concept development.
- Creative and able to offer ideas and solutions freely.
- Flexible, committed and motivated to work on more than one vehicle area and manage more than one vehicle system at a time.
- Experience of supplier/customer interaction.
- Good organizational and prioritizing skills.
- Proactive , self-motivated ,able to drive issues through to a balanced resolution, possesses he ability to work automatously or part of a team.
- Has good working knowledge of PC tools e.g. Power Point, Word & Excel.
- Good knowledge of CATIA V5, Vis mock up, and team center at OEM level.
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English.
- BEng/MEng in Automotive preferred.
Start Date: June - August 2018
End Date: 12+ months, ongoing