On behalf of our customer we are looking for a Packaging Engineer Catia V5 to work in Sweden.
- Good rates, ongoing needs.
- Long-term 12+month contracts.
- Support with relocation.
- EU Nationals Only.
• Conducting concept studies and creating Architecture pre-requisites and set-up criteria for top hat variants.
• Ensuring the vehicle Concepts/package complies with the appropriate homologation/product/manufacturing requirements.
• Developing and balancing of technical input with the R&D and design teams for volume model development.
• To ensure all package issues influencing Architecture and vehicle concepts are balanced and solved, taking a leading role in generating proposals and driving issue resolution.
• Performing applicable competitor benchmark analysis and definition of best practice tools and methods.
• Management of applicable working level forums, reporting status to the Concept team leader, and supporting the product development plan deliverables.
• Deliver architecture scalability definition documentation.
To be achieved via:
• Using CATIA V5 to develop suitable concept and package layouts for the applicable areas of the vehicle.
• Using CATIA V5 to generate criteria / master sections for architecture and product volume scalability.
• Producing reports to highlight concept/packaging issues and resolution status.
• Maintenance of applicable layout areas within the packaging data structure.
• Using CAD tools for detection of component clashes
• Liaising and leading solution resolution with component engineering and suppliers to reach solutions to design problems
• Prioritizing and managing personal workload to ensure packaging objectives and timing are met.
The following attributes are required:
- Extensive OEM experience in a vehicle concept / advanced engineering role as well as in other areas i.e. chassis, power train or structure development
- Deep knowledge of legal / customer driven requirements and the utilization of these and complete vehicle attributes to realize vehicle synergies.
- Broad knowledge manufacturing and technology trends.
- Creative and able to offer ideas and solutions freely
- Flexible, committed and motivated to work on more than one vehicle area and manage more than one vehicle system at a time.
- Experience of supplier/customer interaction
- Good organizational and prioritizing skills
- Has good working knowledge of PC tools e.g. Power Point, Word & Excel.
- Good knowledge of CATIA V5, Vis mock up, and team centre at OEM level.
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English.
- BEng/MEng in Automotive preferred.
Software and IT:
- Competence requirements for: CAD (CATIA)
- Solid, Surface
- Competence requirements for: Team Center Automotive
- Author, Viewer
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: 12+ months, can be ongoing.